D.Phil. in Computer Science
Deadlines Applications will be considered at all times throughout the year. You are encouraged to submit
your application as soon as possible and not wait until the published deadlines.
However, please note applications for most funded places should be made by the November Deadline and must be made by the January deadline except for STUDENTSHIPS which are advertised as and when they are available.
- Virtual Open Day
- Graduate Studies Prospectus.
- Advice about college selection.
- Accommodation: Land Agent's and Accommodation Office
Research ProposalApplicants are expected to propose an area or topic of research, and will be accepted only if an appropriate and willing supervisor is available. Applicants should therefore prepare a research proposal. The key ingredients are to:
- identify a research area or topic - is there scope for new ideas and originality
- describe a problem, explain why it is worthy of investigation and give ideas for how it can be tackled - are the methods proposed scientific?
- name a potential supervisor
You are welcome to make informal contact with the potential supervisor and discuss the research proposal with them, before submitting a formal application. If you contact more than one person in the Department, please make sure that all the people you contact are aware of all the others so that we do not duplicate effort.
You can also see more information on how to select a supervisor and what is required in the research proposal.