Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I study this course part-time or on a distance learning basis? No. Unfortunately we are unable to offer this course on a part-time basis or via distance learning. Our Software Engineering Programme does offer part-time Master's degrees.
- How long does the course last? The course is a full-time one-year course and runs from October through to September. Please also note that the course does not run in line with the University of Oxford's undergraduate term dates.
- Do I need to be resident in Oxford during the course? Yes or within 25 miles of the centre of Oxford. This is a requirement of the University. See the Colleges & Accommodation pages for more information.
- Are there opportunities for employment whilst I study? No the course is extremely intensive and you should not take any form of employment whilst studying.
- My application was turned down last year. Can I apply again? Yes. You are welcome to apply to the course again. Please be aware that you will need to submit a complete set of new application materials; we cannot use your application from previous years.
- As an overseas student studying in the UK or Ireland, do I need to provide a language certificate? Students can make an application without the language certificate but any offer made may be conditional on achieving our minimum language requirements.
- I am an overseas student. Where can I find information about applying for a visa? You can find information on the Visa and Immigration webpages.
- How do I access the application form? Please see the Application Guide.
- What funding is available for this course? Please see the Graduate Scholarships page where you will be able to search what funding might be available to you.
- How do I choose a college place? Choosing a college is a matter of personal preference. You can leave your application open if you are not sure where to pick. Further information is available on the Colleges & Accommodation pages.
- My transcripts are not in English – what should I do? Students should provide an official translation.
- What are the differences between the deadlines? Applications are considered at all three deadlines. However if you wish to apply for scholarships you will need to submit by the January application at the latest.