The ERC has released results of the 2016 ERC Starting Grant call. Here’s a breakdown of the headline stats:
- 2,935 proposals were submitted of which 325 were funded giving a success rate of 11%
- Funding was €485 million (up to €1.5m per grant).
- Of the awards made, 45% were in Physical Sciences and Engineering, 30% were in Life Sciences, and 25% in Social Sciences.
- The UK hosts the second highest number of awards, 59 (18%), behind Germany which hosts 61 awards.
- 70% of awards went to male PIs.
For the 2016 ERC Advanced Grant Call which closed on 1 September 2016 at total of 2,401 proposals were submitted. The ERC expects to make around 235 awards. Results will be available in the fist half of 2017.