European Research Council Consolidator Grant call is now open for applications.
ERC Consolidator Grants are designed to support researchers at the stage at which they are consolidating their own independent research team or programme. The scheme will strengthen independent and excellent new individual research teams that have been recently created.
For example, it is normally expected that applicants will have produced independently several important publications without the participation of their PhD supervisor.
Applicants should also be able to demonstrate a promising track-record of early achievements appropriate to their research field and career stage, including significant publications (as main author) in major international peer-reviewed multidisciplinary scientific journals, or in the leading international peer-reviewed journals of their respective field. Applicants may also demonstrate a record of invited presentations in well-established international conferences, granted patents, awards, prizes etc.
ERC Consolidator Grants in brief
- For researchers of any nationality with over 7 and up to 12 years of experience since completion of PhD (or equivalent degree) and scientific track record showing great promise
- An excellent research proposal
- Research must be conducted in a public or private research organisation located in one of the EU Member State or Associated Countries
- Funding per grant: up to € 2 million (in some circumstances up to € 2.75 million)
- Duration: up to 5 years
- Sole evaluation criterion: scientific excellence of researcher and research proposal
The application deadline is 12th March 2015, so please contact your Research Facilitation team as soon as possible if you intend to apply.
To find out more, Click here
For application guidance, Click here (PDF)