Nominations for the 2015 LUSH Prize are now open. The prize is for projects, organisations, institutions or individuals focussed on ending the use of animal testing or for research into non-animal tests, or promoting the use of non-animal tests. You are able to enter yourself, or nominate your organisation/ another individual.
This award offers £250,000 over 5 different categories:
1) Lobbying – Individuals, groups or organisations pushing for change, focusing on policy interventions promoting the use of alternatives to animal testing. Replacement only.
2) Public Awareness – Individuals or organisations raising public awareness of ongoing animal testing. 3Rs eligible.
3) Science – Individuals, research teams or institutions for work conducted on relevant toxicity pathways. Outstanding research producing an effective non-animal safety test based on an approach other than toxicity pathways, where none existed before, may also be considered. Replacement only.
4) Training – Individuals, teams or organisations involved in training others in non-animal methods. Replacement only.
5) Young Researcher Prize – Young scientists (up to 35 years at the time of application) with a desire to fund the next stage of a career focussed on an animal-test free future. Replacement only.
The deadline for nominations is the 24th July 2015