NERC science believes it can make an important contribution to economic growth and quality of life. In order to accomplish these goals, NERC wishes to award a number of Knowledge Exchange (KE) fellowships to enable the sharing and flow of knowledge and expertise between the NERC funded researchers and their user communities.
Applicants should propose a work plan of their own choosing to generate impact from NERC-funded research in their host institution. Proposals should also focus on accelerating and amplifying economic impact and improvements in quality of life from NERC-funded research, by working with business, NGOs or government bodies. This could include:
- strengthening existing partnerships;
- developing new relationships that lead to collaborative projects;
- researching new market opportunities;
- providing case studies of knowledge exchange from NERC-funded research;
- providing briefings and reports suitable for policymakers.
Applications will open of 3rd February 2015 and close on 1st April 2015. Please let us know if you intend to apply.