The RCUK Open Access Block Grant to Oxford is available and easy to apply for. The University Research Committee recently agreed to simplify the application process; sign-off from the Head of Department is no longer necessary.
Oxford staff and students can apply for funds to pay an Article Processing Charge (APC) or article-related charges for papers submitted for publication on/after 1st April 2013,
- If they do not have such funding on the relevant RCUK program, project, fellowship or student grant from RCUK awarded prior to 1 April 2013
- If they hold a new RCUK award commencing on or after 1 April 2013
For a brief summary of the requirements set by each of the Research Councils, please see http://openaccess.ox.ac.uk/sponsor-requirements/
Questions can be posted via http://openaccess.ox.ac.uk/home-2/contact-us/
RCUK will in summer 2014 audit compliance with its policy which requires that for peer-reviewed papers submitted for publication after 1st April 2013 which are based in whole or part on RCUK-funded research, authors must
- Make their paper Open Access either via the payment of an APC or by placing the author accepted manuscript in a recognised subject-based or institutional repository (such as the Oxford Research Archive)
- Acknowledge the source of funding that supported the research i.e. funder and grant number where applicable.
- If applicable, include a statement on how the underlying research materials such as data, samples or models, can be accessed.