Final Reminder of Funder Deadline – 12 January 2016
The Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin scheme is for outstanding scientists in the UK at an early stage of their research career who require a flexible working pattern due to personal circumstances such as parenting or caring responsibilities, or health issues. This scheme offers holders the opportunity to hold appointments on a part-time basis or convert from full-time to part-time and back again to help match work and other commitments, such as parental or caring responsibilities.
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate a current need for flexible support due to personal circumstances at the time of application. This can include current parenting or caring responsibilities (such as raising children or looking after ageing or seriously ill family members), clinically diagnosed health issues or other personal circumstances that create a need for a flexible working pattern. [Although not made specific in the scheme guidance, in the past applicants have been unsuccessful where their caring responsibilities were outside the UK ].
- Must be at an early stage of their research career (have completed their PhD but have no more than 6 years of research experience post PhD by 12 January 2016).
- Must not hold a permanent post in a university or not-for-profit organisation in the European Economic Area (EEA) or in Switzerland.
- Must be a citizen of the EEA or a be a Swiss citizen (or have a relevant connection to the EEA or Switzerland).
- The research must fall within the Natural Sciences.
Please speak to Kelly or Emma in Research Support if you are considering submitting an application. Applications must be submitted on eGap to Research Services by Tuesday 5 January 2016.
More information can be found on the Royal Society’s website here: