Student, Wolfson College
I am a Greek computer scientist and computational linguist, having recently completed my DPhil with the Quantum Group at the University of Oxford (thesis title: Compositional Distributional Semantics with Compact Closed Categories and Frobenius Algebras). My research is focused on category-theoretic compositional-distributional models of meaning. Before Oxford I've been working for many years as a software engineer and a translator/editor of CS textbooks and scientific journals. I also hold an MSc in Artificial Intelligence from the University of Edinburgh.
While in Oxford I mainly work with Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh; I also collaborate with Stephen Pulman, Bob Coecke, Edward Grefenstette, and Nal Kalchbrenner. In the past I worked with Mark Steedman and Panagiotis Kanavos.
- Computational Linguistics tutor (Hilary 2012- 13, Hilary 2013-14)
- Object Oriented Programming tutor (Michaelmas 2013-14)
- Concurrent Programming tutor-Keble College (Hilary 2013-14)
- Jianpeng Cheng, "Investigating the Role of Prior Disambiguation in Deep Learning Compositional Models of Meaning". MSc project, 2014
- Jiannan Zhang, "A Generic Evaluation for a Categorical Compositional-Distributional Model of Meaning". MSc project, 2014
- 5-12-2013, Queen Mary University of London: Disambiguation in Compositional Distributional Models of Meaning
- COLING 2012 term-definition dataset
- CoNLL 2013 verb disambiguation dataset
- EMNLP 2013 transitive version of the Mitchell and Lapata (2010) verb-object dataset -- original human judgements
- QPL 2014 transitive version of the Mitchell and Lapata (2010) verb-object dataset -- new human judgements
- A news article about our QPL 2014 paper on entanglement in corpus linguistics (co-authored with M. Sadrzadeh) from technology.org.
- Another one for one of our older papers (co-authored with Sadrzadeh, Pulman and Coecke) regarding the use of Frobenius Algebras in language.
Modelling Ambiguity with Density Matrices in Compositional Distributional Models of Meaning
Robin Piedeleu‚ Dimitri Kartsaklis‚ Bob Coecke and Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh
In Workshop of Adcances in Distributional Semantics (IWCS 2015). 2015.
Investigating the Role or Prior Disambiguation in Deep−Learning Compositional Models of Meaning
Jianpeng Cheng‚ Dimitri Kartsaklis and Edward Grefenstette
In Learning Semantics workshop‚ NIPS 2014. Montreal‚ Canada. December, 2014.
Evaluating Neural Word Representations in Tensor−Based Compositional Settings
Dmitrijs Milajevs‚ Dimitri Kartsaklis‚ Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh and Matthew Purver
In Proceedings of the 2014 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP). Doha‚ Qatar. October, 2014. Association for Computational Linguistics.