Dr Stanislav Živný
S.Zivny at warwick.ac.uk
Room 347, Wolfson Building, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QD
Since 2012, I am a Senior Research Fellow in Advances in Discrete Mathematics and its Applications at the University of Warwick.
I was a DPhil student at Oxford (2006-2009) and then a stipendiary Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in Mathematical and Physical Sciences at Oxford's University College (2009-2012).
- S. Živný: The complexity of valued constraint satisfaction problems, Springer, ISBN 978-3-642-33973-8, 2012. Based on my doctoral thesis from Oxford that was awarded the 2011 ACP doctoral research award.
- V. Kolmogorov, S. Živný: The complexity of conservative valued CSPs, Journal of the ACM (JACM) 60(2), Article No. 10, 2013. (An extended abstract appeared in SODA'12.)
- D. Cohen, M. Cooper, G. Escamocher, S. Živný: Variable elimination in binary CSP via forbidden patterns, Proceedings of the 23rd International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI'13), 2013.
- J. Thapper, S. Živný: The complexity of finite-valued CSPs, Proceedings of the 45th ACM Symposium on the Theory of Computing (STOC'13), 2013.
- J. Thapper, S. Živný: The power of linear programming for valued CSPs, Proceedings of the 53rd Annual IEEE Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science (FOCS'12), pp. 669-678, 2012.
- M. Cooper, S. Živný: Tractable triangles and cross-free convexity in discrete optimisation, Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (JAIR) 44, pp. 455-490, 2012. (Two extended abstracts appeared in CP'11.)
- M. Cooper, S. Živný: Hybrid tractability of valued constraint problems, Artificial Intelligence (AI), 175(9-10), pp. 1555-1569, 2011. (An extended abstract appeared in CP'10.)
- S. Živný, D. Cohen, P. Jeavons: The expressive power of binary submodular functions, Discrete Applied Mathematics (DAM), 157(15), pp. 3347-3358, 2009. (An extended abstract appeared in MFCS'09.)
- D. Cohen, P. Jeavons, S. Živný: The expressive power of valued constraints: Hierarchies and collapses, Theoretical Computer Science (TCS), 409(1), pp. 137-153, 2008. (An extended abstract appeared in CP'07.)