Computing Science Research Reports
Computing Science has continued the Programming Research Group
series of "Research Reports". This series replaces the
Technical Monographs series and the
Technical Reports series.
- GREENSIM: A GENETIC REGULATORY NETWORK SIMULATOR
Christopher Fogelberg, Vasile Palad May 2008, 14pp.
- A GAME-BASED ABSTRACTION-REFINEMENT FRAMEWORK FOR MARKOV DECISION PROCESSES
Mark Kattenbelt, Marta Kwiatkowska, Gethin Norman, David Parker April 2008, 33pp.
- Design and Verification of On-Chip Communication Protocols
Peter Böhm, Tom Melham April 2008, 16pp.
- Machine Learning and Genetic Regulatory Networks: A Review and a Roadmap
Christopher Fogelberg, Vasile Palade April 2008, 68pp.
- GAME-BASED PROBABILISTIC PREDICATE ABSTRACTION IN PRISM
M. Kattenbelt M. Kwiatkowska G. Norman D. Parker February 2008, 25pp.
- Full Abstraction for Nominal Exceptions and General References
Nikos Tzevelekos October 2007, 35pp.
- Representing and Solving Finite-Domain Constraint Problems Using Systems of Polynomials
Chris Jefferson, Peter Jeavons, Martin J. Green and M.R.C. van Dongen October 2007, 22pp.
- Paper withdrawn
- Complete Positivity Without Positivity and Without Compactness
Bob Coecke September 2007, 8pp.
- An Analogue Solution to the Problem of Factorization
Ed Blakey July 2007, 15pp.
- The Expressive Power of Valued Constraints: Hierarchies and Collapses
David A Cohen, Peter G Jeavons and Stanislav Zivny April 2007, 25pp.
- Paper withdrawn
- Learning to Extract Significant Phrases from Text
Yuan J. Lui. February 2007, 14pp.
- Generalising submodularity and horn clauses: Tractable optimization problems defined by tournament pair multimorphisms
David A Cohen, Martin C Cooper and Peter G Jeavons. December 2006, 29pp.
- Proceedings of the Oxford University Computing Laboratory Programming Research Group Student Conference '06
Program Chair: Yong Xie, Organizational Chair: Mila Katzarova,
Steering Committee Chair: Tom Melham and Duncan Coutts, October 2006, 44pp.
- Using CSP to decide safety problems for access control policies
E. Kleiner and T. Newcomb, Janauary 2006, 23pp.
- Derivation of Error Distribution in Least Squares Steganalysis
Andrew D Ker, July 2006, 19pp.
- Quantum measurements without sums
Bob Coeck and Dusko Pavlovic, July 2006, 30pp.
- Partially Interactive Threshold RSA Signatures
Long Hoang Nguyen, March 2006, 17pp.
- Scientific Middleware for Abstracted Parallisation
Daniel Goodman and Andrew Martin, Nov 2005, 25pp.
- Martlet: A Scientific Work-Flow Language for Abstracted Parallisation
Daniel Goodman, Jan 2006, 11pp.
- A computational justification for guessing attack formalisms
Tom Newcomb and Gavin Lowe, Oct 2005, 29pp.
- Exact and Heuristic approaches for identifying diease-associated SNP motifs
Gaofeng Huang, Peter Jeavons and Dominic Kwiatkowski, July 2005, 17pp.
- Theorem Proving in Higher Order Logics: Emerging Trends Proceedings
Joe Hurd, Edward Smith and Ashish Darbari, July 2005, 243pp.
- Object Models: Job Submission in DataGrids
Lee Momtahan and Andrew Martin, Feb 2004, 19pp.
- Information categorisation in biological sequence aalignments
Sumedha Gunewardena and Peter Jeavons, November 2004, 57pp.
- Safety is not a restriction at level 2 for string languages
K. Aehlig, J. G. de Miranda, C.-H. L. Ong, October 2004, 43pp.
- A taxonomy of web services using CSP
Lee Momtahan, Andrew Martin and A. W. Roscoe, October 2004, 13pp.
- Investigations on the Dual Calculus
Nikos Tzevelekos, November 2004, 63pp.
- Size-Change Termination of Higher-Order Functional Programs
Damien Sereni, October 2004, 91pp.
- Typing Template Haskell: Soft Types
Ian Lynagh, October 2004, 22pp.
- Believe it or not, Bell states are a model of multiplicative linear logic.
Ross Duncan, October 2004, 20pp.
- Using Haskell to model tree obfuscations
Stephen Drape, August 2004, 32pp.
- Semantics and type checking of dependently-typed lazy functional programs
Yorck Hünke, July 2004, 69pp.
- Parallel absolute irreducibility testing via polytopes
Fatima Abu Salem, June 2004, 33pp.
- An efficient sparse adaptation of the polytope method over Fp and a record-high binary bivariate factorisation
Fatima Abu Salem, June 2004, 51pp.
- The Matrix Obfuscated
Stephen Drape, June 2004, 36pp.
- A simple small theorem for Alloy
Lee Momtahan, June 2004, 36pp.
- Obfuscating Set Representations
Stephen Drape, May 2004, 26pp.
- The Complexity of Constraint Satisfaction: An Algebraic Approach
Andrei Krokhin, Andrei Bulatov and Peter Jeavons May 2004, 36pp.
- Factoring Polynomials via Polytopes: Extended version
Fatima Abu Salem, Shuhong Gao and Alan G. B. Lauder, April 2004, 27pp.
- A continuous domain of classical states
Keye Martin, April 2004, 18pp.
- Wronski brackets and the ferris wheel
Keye Martin, April 2004, 15pp.
- The Complexity of Partition Functions
Andrei Bulatov and Martin Grohe, July 2004, 45pp.
- A Calculational Approach to Program Inversion
Shin-Cheng Mu, March 2004, 153pp.
- A Categorical semantics of Quantum Protocols
Samson Abramsky and Bob Coecke, February 2004, 25pp.
- Supermodular Functions and the Complexity of Max CSP
David Cohen, Martin Cooper, Peter Jeavons and Andrei Krokhin, January 2004, 21pp.
- Combining Memoisation and Change Propagation
Oege de Moor and Ganesh Sittampalam, October 2003, 24pp.
- Finding Transcription Factor Binding Sites in DNA Sequences: A template based approach
Sumedha Gunewardena, Peter Jeavons, October 2003, 11pp.
- Architectures for Secure Delegation Within Grids
Philippa J. Broadfoot and Gavin Lowe, September 2003, 15pp.
- A New Sparse Gaussian Elimination Algorithm and the Niederreiter Linear System for Trinomials over F2
Fatima Abu Salem , revised August 2003, 26pp.
- Formalization and Execution of STE in HOL (extended version)
Ashish Darbari, March 2005, 24pp.
- A Reflective Functional Language for Hardware Design and Theorem Proving
Jim Grundy, Tom Melham and John O'Leary, October 2003, 39pp.
- A critical survey of Grid security requirements and technologies
Philippa J. Broadfoot and Andrew P. Martin , August 2003, 18pp.
- A BSP parallel model of the Göttfert algorithm for polynomial factorization over F2
Fatima Abu Salem , July 2003, 23pp.
- Towards a dichotomy theorem for the counting constraint satisfaction problem
Andrei A.Bulatov, Victor Dalmau , July 2003, 37pp.
- The Logic of Entaglement. An invitation. (Version 0.9999)
Bob Coecke, Oct 2003, 23pp.
- Game-based software model checking: case studies and methodological considerations
Dan R. Ghica, May 2003, 161pp.
- Deformation theory and the computation of zeta functions II
Alan G.B. Lauder, April 2003, 39pp.
- Note on the use of statistical procedures as background predicates in ILP
Ashwin Srinivasan, June 2003, 18pp.
- Translating CSP trace refinement to unity unreachability : a study in data independence
Xu Wang, A.W. Roscoe, and R.S. Lazic, April 2003, 26pp.
- Fractals and domain theory
Keye Martin, April 2003, 23pp.
- Epistemic motion in quantum searching
Keye Martin, March 2003, 19pp.
- Entropy as a fixed point
Keye Martin, February 2003, 43pp.
- Informatic vs. classical differentiability on the real line
Keye Martin and Joel Ouaknine, February 2003, 7pp.
Keye Martin, January 2003, 31pp.
- A game semantics for generic polymorphism
Samson Abramsky and Radha Jagadeesan, January 2003, 38pp.
- Tractable conservative constraint satisfaction problems
Andrei A. Bulatov, June 2003, 75pp.
- Deformation theory and the computation of zeta functions
Alan G.B. Lauder, December 2002, 36pp.
- The hyperfine semantics of non-interference
Dan R. Ghica, November 2002, 19pp.
- A games-based foundation for compositional software model checking
Dan R. Ghica, November 2002, 177pp.
- Entropic geometry from logic
Bob Coecke, November 2002, 14pp.
- Quantified constraints and surjective polymorphisms
Ferdinand Borner, Andrei Krokhin, Andrei Bulatov, and Peter Jeavons, November 2002, 25pp.
- A partial order on classical and quantum states
Bob Coecke and Keye Martin, August 2002, 91pp.
- Tractable constraint satisfaction problems on a 3-element set
Andrei A. Bulatov, April 2002, 47pp.
- Malt'sev constraints are tractable
Andrei A. Bulatov, April 2002, 36pp.
- Topological games in domain theory
Keye Martin, January 2002, 10pp.
- Applying ILP to the learning of intrusion strategies
Steve Moyle and John Heasman, October 2002, 20pp.
- On model checking data-independent systems with arrays without reset
R.S. Lazic, T.C. Newcomb, and A.W. Roscoe, January 2002, 31pp.
- Improving the sensitivity of multiple-sequence alignments by incorporating prior knowledge
Sumedha Gunewardena and Peter Jeavons, January 2002, 20pp.
- A pattern for concurrency in UML
Charles Crichton, Jim Davies, and Alessandra Cavarra, December 2001, 15pp.
- Intentional Programming: a host of language features
Eric Van Wyk, Oege de Moor, Ganesh Sittampalam, Ivan Sanabria-Piretti, Kevin Backhouse, and Paul Kwiatkowski, December 2001, 48pp.
- Polyanna technical manual (version 1.00)
Richard Gault, December 2001, 53pp.
- An algebraic approach to multi-sorted constraints
Andrei Bulatov and Peter Jeavons, October 2001, 21pp.
- Digitisation and full abstraction for dense-time model checking
Joël Ouaknine, October 2001, 16pp.
- Computing zeta functions of Artin-Schreier curves over finite fields
Alan G.B. Lauder and Daqing Wan, October 2001, 22pp.
- An idea for a blind watermarking scheme resistant to StirMark
Andrew D. Ker, August 2001, 30pp.
- Sensor-based motion planning in SE(2) and SE(3) via nonsmooth analysis
Shawn Rusaw, August 2001, 21pp.
- Reasoning about temporal relations : the tractable subalgebras of Allen's interval algebra
Andrei Krokhin, Peter Jeavons and Peter Jonsson, July 2001, 54pp.
- A singleton failures semantics for communicating sequential processes
Christie Bolton, Jim Davies, June 2001, 96pp.
- A structural approach to reversible computation
Samson Abramsky, May 2001, 15pp.
- Sequentiality and concurrency in games and logic
Samson Abramsky, April 2001, 35pp.
- Proceedings of the Workshop on Automated Verification of Critical Systems (AVOCS'01)
David Nowak (editor), April 2001
- Discrete analysis of continuous behaviour in real-time concurrent systems
Joël Ouaknine, Michaelmas 2000, 178pp.
- Formal reasoning for quantum mechanical nonlocality
Paolo Zuliani, February 2001, 28pp.
- Generic compositions
Yifeng Chen, February 2001, 22pp.
- The complexity of maximal constraint languages
Andrei Bulatov, Andrei Krokhin and Peter Jeavons, February 2001, 14pp.
- Reasoning about temporal constraints : classifying the complexity of Allen's algebra by using an algebraic technique
Andrei Krokhin, Peter Jeavons and Peter Jonsson, February 2001, 21pp.
- Logic of global synchrony
Yifeng Chen and J.W. Sanders, January 2001, 30pp.