UKRO, as promised, have provided details and statistics in regards to the Horizon 2020 Future Emerging Technologies Theme.
643 proposals were submitted to the previous FET Open call. Out of this, 4 were rejected due to incompatibility to the theme, whilst 24 proposals were accepted for grant preparation. Out of these 24, only 5 had UK coordinators, with the University of Oxford accounting for 1 fifth of these. Cranfield University (2), Exeter and Nottingham made up the remaining 4.
UKRO have also provided details of a FET Proactive programme. This is likely to be instigated in 2016/17, and will cover 4 specific themes:
- Collective technologies for societal change:
– Being human in a technological world
– New science for a globalised world
- Biotech and computing for better life
– Intra- and inter-cell bio-nano-chem technologies
– Bio-electronic medicines and therapies
– Cognitive neuro-technologies
- Alternative technologies for smart devices
– New computing paradigms and their technologies
– Quantum technologies
- New technologies for Energy and Materials
– Complex bottom-up construction
– Ecosystem engineering
The first and third and most relevant to department, however it may be of interest to view the other themes.