This call is for multidisciplinary research projects that involve both cancer researchers and scientists from engineering and physical science disciplines, where the aim is to generate original research ideas and explore their applicability in cancer research.
Up to £500k can be requested to support a project over a period of up to 4 years.
Applications should ideally include:
- a minimum of two PIs working in distinct scientific disciplines
- at least one PI working in cancer research at any career stage
- at least one PI from an engineering/physical science discipline at any career stage
With a primary focus on multidisciplinary research, the research themes within remit for this award include:
- The direct application of physics, engineering, chemical or mathematical concepts to address the underlying physical processes of cancer, including tumour initiation, growth and metastasis.
- The development and translation of technologies for direct applications in, or a clear path to, a direct application in the prevention, diagnosis or treatment of cancer. Proposals for the first applications of technologies in cancer research and those which demonstrate potential clinical applicability are encouraged.
The call deadline is 17 November 2014. Full information can be found at this link.
If you are thinking of applying to this call please let me know.