Industry Affiliate Group
The Department of Computer Science is proud to be affiliated with select industry partners who not only support and recruit our students but provide opportunities for collaborative work. Becoming an industry affiliate will bring improved ties with both the student body and academic community with a variety of different ways to get involved.
Funds raised from the industry affiliate scheme are incredibly valued and are used for academic sponsorship to attract, reward, retain and develop our best students via bursaries and scholarships. We are also able to support students suffering hardship.
In addition to joining the Affiliate Group, companies are able to make a donation in addition to the basic membership. These additional donations may reflect the amount of interaction you have had with the department and also savings made from other recruitment activities. We are able to use additional donations to further support the infrastructure and facilities available to students.
Industry Affiliate Group - Membership Benefits
- The opportunity to host a tech talk using one of our lecture theatres. You will have a one hour slot to deliver a tech talk allowing time for questions afterwards. Lunch will also be provided for attending students afterwards allowing a more informal Q&A session.
- Invitation to the annual computer science conference where you can see the research ongoing in the department and discuss this with the attending graduate and undergraduate students.
- The ability to advertise internships directly to relevant groups of Computer Science students across all associated degrees (Undergraduate programmes: BA/MCompSci Computer Science; BA/MMathCompSci Mathematics and Computer Science; BA/MCompSciPhil Computer Science and Philosophy. Graduate programmes: MSc Computer Science; DPhil Computer Science)
- The ability to advertise graduate positions directly to relevant groups of students through the channels above.
- Option to contribute to our weekly newsletter called round-up sent to all of our undergraduate and postgraduate students. We are happy to include news/information/advertisements that may be of interest to our students.
- The opportunity to propose and co-supervise a second year group design project. If your project is chosen you will also be invited to the presentation day where all second year students present the product of their group project followed by a drinks reception at a prestigious Oxford venue.
- The option to propose and co-supervise MSc projects (additional contract applies, please ask for further details)
- Named as a department sponsor on our website including your company logo and a link for student to follow for current opportunities.
To discuss any of the above further, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.