Women in Computer Science - Open Day for Girls, 14th June
Posted: 10th June 2010
Monday 14th June 2010
Specifically for girls, this open day is designed to introduce students to Computer Science and how it is studied at university. There will the opportunity to take part in a practical session, to meet female students and staff from the Laboratory, and to visit an Oxford college.
There are 40 places for students that will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. The day is aimed primarily at year 10 but all girls who would like to know more about studying Computer Science at university are welcome to register for a place.
Teachers and parents are also very welcome to attend.
- "What is Computer Science?" A talk by Dr Mike Spivey
- Group 1 – Practical workshop with Dr Irina Voiculescu
- Group 2 – Demonstrations of Computer Science research
- "Requirements Engineering" A talk by Dr Marina Jirotka
- Group 1 – Demonstrations of Computer Science research
- Group 2 – Practical workshop with Dr Irina Voiculescu
- Tour of an Oxford College