ERC Advanced Grant:The ERC Project Mapping the Complexity of Counting (MCC) runs from 1 Mar 2014 to 28 Feb 2019. The overall objectives of the project are
- To map out the landscape of computational counting problems (both exact and approximate), determining which problems are tractable, and which are intractable (quantifying the extent of tractability).
- To discover complexity characterisations which elucidate the features that make counting problems tractable or intractable (telling us why each problem is tractable or intractable).
Interested in doing a PhD with me? Please contact me by email. (I don't offer summer internships, though.)
Current PhD Students
Past PhD Students
- Hesham Al-Ammal (2000,now at the University of Bahrain)
- Mary Cryan (2000, now at the University of Edinburgh)
- Andreas Göbel (2016, now at the University of Potsdam)
- Steven Kelk (2003, now at the University of Maastricht)
- Kasper Pedersen (2008, now at the financial software company Sungard)
- Markus Jalsenius (2008, now at Telia Company)
- Tony McCabe (2012, jointly supervised with Paul Goldberg, now at the University of Liverpool)
- Colin McQuillan (2013, now at Imagination Technologies)