QICS Workshop Schedule
The first QICS workshop will take place in the Oxford University Computing Laboratory from Thursday 15th to Saturday 17th of March 2007.
The intention is to have a mixture of technical and strategic talks outlining the activities going on at the various QICS sites. On the first day there will be talks from representatives from most of the sites; there will also be a business lunch. The other days will be filled with scientific contributed talks.
The schedule will be very flexible so as to allow for maxmium discussion; below is a provisional plan.
Wednesday 14th March
For those who arrive early we will have a social meeting at the Royal Oak pub on Banbury Road, near the Comlab. From 7pm.
Thursday 15th March
- 10:30 Welcome and Coffee
- 11:00 Samson Abramsky (Oxford)
- 11:45 Valiant's theorem and classical simulation of quantum circuits -- Richard Jozsa (Bristol)
- Business Lunch
- 14:30 Index theory of one-dimensional quantum walks and cellular automata -- Reinhard Werner (Braunschweig)
- 15:15 The QICS program at York: an overview -- Peter Hines (York)
- 16:30 Graph states as the resource for one-way quantum computation -- Akimasa Miyake (Innsbruck)
- 17:15 QICS in Grenoble, Grenoble in QICS -- Philippe Jorrand (Grenoble)
Friday 16th March
- 09:30 Universality in measurement-based quantum computation -- Maarten van den Nest (Innsbruck)
- 10:15 Graphs and graph states -- Mehdi Mhalla (Grenoble)
- 11:30 Formal modelling and analysis of quantum systems -- Simon Gay (Glasgow)
- 14:30 Entanglement Analysis based on Abstract Interpretation -- Simon Perdrix (Paris)
- 15:15 Formalising Physical Computations -- Elham Kashefi (Oxford)
- 16:30 Linear-algebraic lambda-calculus: higher-order, encodings and confluence -- Gilles Dowek (INRIA)
Saturday 17th March
- 09:30 Rewriting and the One-Way Model -- Ross Duncan (Oxford)
- 10:15 Functional Quantum Programming -- Thorsten Altenkirch (Nottingham)
- 11:30 Eric Paquette (Montreal)
- 14:30 Profiling QICS -- Bob Coecke (Oxford)
- 15:15 Vincent Danos (Paris) TBC
- 16:30 Discussion Session