Wolfson Building, Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3QD, United
Tel: +44 (0)1865 610715
taolue.chen#cs.ox.ac.uk[@/#] (= tchen#cs.ox.ac.uk); taolue.chen#gmail.com[@/#]
(Usually I respond to every message unless I am offline. If you do not get my feedback in a reasonable period, please call me.)
- Formal Verification of Probabilistic and/or Real-time Systems;
- Modal and Temporal Logic, Automata and Language Theory, Game Theory, Finite Model Theory;
- Concurrency, Process Algebra, Mobility;
- Mathematical Logic, Complexity Theory, Control Theory, Information Theory;
It is difficult to specify my interests precisely, so the topics listed above are a very rough approximation. Basically I find that problems from theoretical computer science and mathematics attract me mostly. Nevertheless, please feel free to drop me a message if you have any problem which you might want to discuss with me.
For fun, the current best upper bound on my Erdős number is 4 via the following path:
Andrew J. Granville (1) -> Jan van de Lune (2) -> Wan Fokkink (3) -> Taolue Chen (4)
Since Jan, 2011, I am a research assistant (postdoctoral researcher) at University of Oxford, Department of Computer Science (previously known as Computing Laboratory), Quantitative Analysis and Verification Group (QAV), which is a part of the verification research theme. I am involved in the VERIWARE project. From July, 2009 to Dec., 2010, I was a postdoctoral researcher at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science, Chair Formal Methods and Tools and Design and Analysis of Communication Systems of the University of Twente. From July, 2005 to June, 2009, I did the Phd study at Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica (CWI), Department of Software Engineering in Amsterdam, supervised by Prof. Dr. Wan Fokkink and Prof. Dr. Jaco van de Pol. I hold the doctorate from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam since September, 2009.
- Postal address: Department of Computer Science, University of Oxford, Wolfson Building, Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3QD, United Kingdom
- Fax: +44 (0)1865 283532 (please indicate that this is for me)