FSCD 2017 and its associate events take place across 5 venues, all in the centre of Oxford: the Mathematical Institute, the Department of Computer Science, St Anne’s College, Exeter College, and the Jericho Tavern. Here's a small map that we'll give you when you register: [pdf
]. This table shows which events take place in which venue.
- Mathematical Institute (Andrew Wiles Building, Radcliffe Observatory Quarter, Woodstock Road, OX2 6GG)
- FSCD — Formal Structures for Computation and Deduction
- ICFP — International Conference on Functional Programming
- FSCD/ICFP Drinks Reception — for FSCD/ICFP delegates on Monday 4 Sept
- Computer Science (OERC Building, 7 Keble Road, OX1 3QC)
- TMSP — Trends in Mechanized Security Proofs
- HoTT/UF — 3rd Workshop on Homotopy Type Theory and Univalent Foundations
- IFIP — International Federation for Information Processing
- SD — Fourth Meeting on Structures and Deduction
- TLLA — Trends in Linear Logic and Applications
- UNIF — 31st International Workshop on Unification
- St Anne’s College (56 Woodstock Road, OX2 6HS)
- IWC — Sixth International Workshop on Confluence
- LFMTP — International Workshop on Logical Frameworks and Meta-Languages – Theory and Practice
- WPTE — Fourth International Workshop on Rewriting Techniques for Program Transformation and Evaluation
- Jericho Tavern, function room upstairs (56 Walton Street, OX2 6AE)
- HDRA — Third Workshop on Higher-Dimensional Rewriting and Applications
- STRING — 1st Annual Workshop on String Diagrams in Computational, Logic, and Physics
- PARTY — Workshop Party at 7pm on Thursday 7 September
- Exeter College (Turl Street, OX1 3DP)
- FSCD Dinner — Tuesday 5th September (FSCD delegates only)
Please note that parking in central Oxford is very difficult. Oxford is well connected by rail and by coach. The FSCD venues are all within walking distance of each other.
- Mathematical Institute, Computer Science, St Anne’s College.
The best way to access the internet is using Eduroam, with credentials supplied by your home university. The easiest way to set up Eduroam on your device is to visit https://cat.eduroam.org and follow the instructions.
If you don’t have access to Eduroam, you can use the OWL network. Ask at a registration desk for a username and password.
- Jericho Tavern. A separate WiFi network operates here. The network name and
password will be displayed at the venue.
Lunch and refreshments
These are supplied in all venues. Please see the programme for times. Workshops also have a light breakfast provided.
For the workshops, please eat lunch in the venue of the workshop that you registered for.
There are also plenty of places to eat and drink nearby on Little Clarendon St and Walton St.
Natural Bread on Little Clarendon St has great coffee. Further afield, Cowley Road is a lively place in the evening.
The ICFP blog has further recommendations.
Keep your name badge safe. It’s your ticket for everything, including lunch, the conference banquet (if registered for FSCD), and the workshop party
(if chosen during registration).
If you have registered for the main FSCD conference, you may freely attend the
If you have registered for an FSCD workshop day, you may freely
attend other FSCD workshops on the same day. (You may not
attend ICFP workshops
unless you have registered separately, because of fee differences.)
If you have a problem, please look out for a local helper
with a blue name badge, or email one of the conference organizers: Karen Barnes
), Sam Staton (email@example.com
) or Jamie Vicary