My research concerns safety and cooperation in multi-agent systems, motivated by the problem of ensuring that AI and other powerful technologies are developed and governed safely and democratically.
Before coming to Oxford I obtained a BSc in mathematics and philosophy from the University of Warwick and an MSc in artificial intelligence from the University of Edinburgh.
- Center for the Governance of AIAffiliate
- Cooperative AI FoundationResearch Director
- Future of Humanity InstituteDPhil Affiliate
- Probabilistic Model Checking
- Machine Learning Systems
- Computational game theory
- Logics for strategic reasoning
- Complexity and equilibria
- Quantitative Analysis and Verification
- Rational verification