Undergraduate Open Days programme announced
Posted: 4th July 2011
The programme for the Open Days on Wednesday 6th and Thursday 7th July, for prospective undergraduate Computer Science students, is now available on our admissions pages.
Open Days give prospective students and their families the opportunity to:
- meet current staff and students
- to hear about university-level Computer Science
- attend some taster lectures
- see demonstrations of project work being carried out by our students and the research work of the Department
- and to get answers to any questions you have.
Dr Michael Spivey will be giving the keynote talk "Computing at Oxford" at 11am and again at 2pm. The taster lectures include sessions on "Philosophical Logic and Microchip Design", "How to Solve Sudoko Puzzles by Computer" and "The Science of Hiding Information" (Thursday only).
Individuals and family groups do not need to book for the open days in July. If you are a teacher intending to bring a larger party of potential applicants to one of the open days, please contact Wendy Adams via firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. 01865 283559.
Many of the Colleges are also open, should you wish to combine your visit.