September undergraduate open day programme announced
Posted: 31st August 2011
The programme for the Open Day on Friday 16th September 2011, for prospective undergraduate Computer Science students, is now available on our admissions pages.
Open Days give prospective students and their families the opportunity to:
- meet current staff and students
- to hear about university-level Computer Science
- attend some taster lectures
- see demonstrations of project work being carried out by our students and the research work of the Department
- attend a sessions on interviews, and the UCAS forms, specifically for those applying to Computer Science courses at Oxford
- and to get answers to any questions you have.
Dr Michael Spivey will be giving the keynote talk "Computing at Oxford" at 11:30am and again at 2pm. The taster lectures include sessions on "The science of hiding information" and "How to Solve Sudoko Puzzles by Computer".
Individuals and family groups do not need to book for the open day in September. If you are a teacher intending to bring a larger party of potential applicants to one of the open days, please contact Wendy Adams via email@example.com or Tel. 01865 283559.