FDB: Factorised Databases
We investigate foundational and systems aspects of scalable data management at the confluence of compression, distribution, and approximation for mixed query and machine learning workloads on relational data.
PhD and postdoc positions available! Please contact Dan Olteanu for details if you are interested.
The official web page of the project is located at fdbresearch.github.io.
- Ahmet Kara (postdoc)
- Milos Nikolic (departmental lecturer)
- Dan Olteanu (professor)
- Maximilian Schleich (PhD)
- Yu Tang (PhD)
- Haozhe Zhang (PhD)
We are fortunate to work with the following collaborators: Mahmoud Abo Khamis (former LogicBlox, Inc.; now stealth mode), Milos Nikolic (University of Oxford), Hung Q. Ngo (former LogicBlox, Inc.; now stealth mode), XuanLong Nguyen (University of Michigan).
- Jakub Závodný (DPhil, Oct 2010 - Jan 2014)
- Nurzhan Bakibayev (MSc in CS, April - Sept 2011)
- Szymon Wyleżoł (4th year Maths&CS, Oct 2011 - April 2012)
- Tomáš Kočiský (4th year Maths&CS, Oct 2011 - April 2012)
- Laura Draghici (MSc in CS, April - Sept 2013)
- Joe Kirk (MSc in CS, April - Sept 2015)
- Lambros Petrou (MSc in CS, April - Sept 2015)
- Maximilian Schleich (MSc in CS, April - Sept 2015)
- Radu Ciucanu (postdoc, June 2015 - June 2016)
- Pierre-Yves Bigourdan (MSc in CS, April - Sept 2016)
- Nadezda Knorozova (MSc in CS, April - Sept 2016)
- Antonio Lombardo (MSc in CS, April - Sept 2016)
- Lukas Kobis (4th year, Oct 2016 - April 2017)
- Amir Payberah (postdoc; April - Aug 2017)
- Denis Rochau (MSc in CS, April - Aug 2017)
- Ruth Wells (MSc in CS, April - Aug 2017)
The EPSRC DTA grant EP/P505216/1 supported Jakub Závodný. The DBOnto EPSRC platform grant supported Radu Ciucanu (June 2015 - June 2016). The VADA EPSRC programme grant supported Yu Tang (Oct 2015 - April 2017). The Fondation Wiener Anspach grant supported Ahmet Kara (Oct 2017 - Oct 2018). The Google Research Award supported Maximilian Schleich (Oct 2015-June 2016). The AWS in Education Research grant (2015-2017) and the Microsoft Azure grant (2017-) supported our research experiments. The Astor Travel Fund grant supported Dan Olteanu (Aug 2013 - July 2014). Finally, the FADAMS ERC consolidator grant supports the entire team (June 2016 - May 2021).