Student, Keble College
Wolfson Building, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QD
I am in my First Year of the DPhil apart of the Computational and Health informatics theme. I have a backround including; an undergraduate degree in Biomechanical Engineering and a Masters in Biomedical Engineering. Projects within my previous education, lead me to want to solifidy my skills in Computer Science.
My specific research interested include automation, computational modelling and artificial intelligence with a focus on healthcare applciations. My research focus, guided by Dr. Irina Voiclcu and Dr. Daniel Perry, will be creating and validating predictions for spinal deformities in children.
Previous work includes:
- Techniques aimed to create a better understanding of the skeleton and developing technologies for diagnosis/treatment of musculoskeletal disease.
- Skull to face predictive models (UNets) using metadata and CT images.
- Skull implants generation for defects from CT images (Auto Implant Challenge MICCAI 2021)
- Facial recognition CNNs for intraoperative tools to improve nasal reconstruction surgery.
- Data collection/analysis of mechanical experiments for: fracture healing drugs on femur biomechanics, cancer on spinal stability, and craniofacial surgical techniques on force distribution.
- Automated tumor segmentation in preclinical and clinical models.
- Material, mecahnical and quatitative characterization of bone architecture and quality.