Ms Destiny Chen
Destiny Chen joined the Department of Computer Science as a Project Administrator in December 2012. She supports a portfolio of research projects under the Quantum Group through:
- Supporting new and on-going funding applications and development strategy
- Managing multimillion budget with complex contractual obligations
- Organising in-house and overseas conferences, workshops and seminars
- Coordinating inter-institutional collaborative project meetings
- Creating and maintaining websites
- Supporting all aspects of the Group’s research activities – resources allocation, IT, and HR etc..
Destiny has had significant experience in Higher Education administration from working in five different departments at both Oxford Brookes University and the University of Oxford, in areas including staff development activities, marketing, events, course administration and student support, PA, and international collaborative projects.
Destiny holds a BA TEFL, Distinction (Guangzhou University, China) and an MA in Educational Studies, Merit (Oxford Brookes University, England).
Outside work Destiny enjoys cycling, yoga, good books and music, gardening and all styles of dancing.