Destiny joined the Department of Computer Science in December 2012. After taking a 16-months career break, she returned January 2019 as Project Coordinator for Quantum Group. She coordinates a portfolio of research projects under the Quantum Group through:
- Supporting new and on-going funding applications and development strategy
- Managing multi-million budget with complex contractual obligations
- Organising in-house and overseas conferences, workshops and seminars
- Coordinating inter-institutional collaborative project meetings
- Creating and maintaining websites
- Supporting all aspects of the Group’s research activities – resources allocation, IT, and HR etc..
Destiny has had significant experience in Higher Education administration from working in five different departments at both Oxford Brookes University and the University of Oxford, in areas including staff development activities, marketing, events, course administration and student support, PA, and international collaborative projects.
Destiny holds a BA TEFL, Distinction (Guangzhou University, China) and an MA in Educational Studies, Merit (Oxford Brookes University, England).
Outside work Destiny enjoys cycling, yoga, reading and music, gardening and all styles of dancing.