My research interests include algorithms, computational complexity, combinatorics, universal algebra, and logic.
I am especially curious about constraint satisfaction problems and their variants.
During my doctoral studies, I focused on the computational complexity of valued constraint satisfaction problems over infinite domains.
I am currently taking part in the project Power of Algorithms in Discrete Optimisation of Standa Živný, by investigating the power of convex relaxations and their consequences on the computational complexity of valued constraint satisfaction problems.
Upcoming talks and events
- CSP World Congress 2020 (CWC 2020), Völs am Schlern (Italy), September 20-26,2020.
- Invited talk at the Third Algebra Week, Università degli Studi di Siena , Siena (Italy), June 23-26, 2020, June 2021.
- Durham Symposium on Mathematics of Constraint Satisfaction, Durham University, Durham (UK), July 19-24, 2020, Summer 2021.
Past talks and events
- Cologne-Twente Workshop on Graphs and Combinatorial Optimization 2020 (CTW2020), Ischia (Italy), June 15-17,2020, ONLINE - September 14-16, 2020.
- CSP Seminar, ONLINE, September 9, 2020 (abstract and link to the video recording of my talk).
- International Symposium on Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science (MFCS 2020), ONLINE, August 24-28, 2020.
The combined basic LP and affine IP relaxation for promise VCSPs on infinite domains
C. Viola and S. Živný
Piecewise Linear Valued Constraint Satisfaction Problems with Fixed Number of Variables
M. Bodirsky M. Mamino and C. Viola
In AIRO Springer Series. 2020.
Valued Constraint Satisfaction Problems over Infinite Domains
PhD Thesis 2020.