I like Machine Learning research, Arts, literature, traveling and analog photography.
Currently, I am a DPhil student at the Department of Computer Science at the University of Oxford, supervised by Niki Trigoni and Andrew Markham. In 2019-20, I was working as a research assistant and lecturer at the University of the Arts London in the Creative Computing Institute. Before that I was on a research internship at ETH Zurich in the EcoVision group (2019) and at Carnegie Mellon University in Franz Franchetti’s group (2017-18). I did my MSc and BSc at the Czech Technical University in Prague.
- August 2023, World breakthrough in onboard AI model training presented by Φ-lab at IGARSS, ESA Φ-lab News, (link)
- July 2023, Researchers successfully train a machine learning model in outer space for the first time, Oxford News, (link)
- October 2022, AI on satellites for autonomous detection of disaster events, Inspired Research, Winter 2022, Issue 21, page 20, (link)
- November 2022, STARCOP: ML models for onboard detection of methane leaks in multispectral and hyperspectral sensors, ECMWF–ESA Workshop, (link)
- 2022-2023, Things of the Internet, Lecturer: Andrew Markham, University of Oxford - Computer Science, Software Engineering, (materials)
- 2022, Machine Learning, AIMS, Lecturer: Atılım Güneş Baydin, University of Oxford - CDT in Autonomous Intelligent Machines and Systems, (materials)
- 2021-2022, Artificial Intelligence for the Media, Lecturer: Louis McCallum, University of the Arts London - Creative Computing Institute, (materials)
- 2020, Exploring Machine Intelligence, Lecturer: Vít Růžička, University of the Arts London - Creative Computing Institute, (materials)
Fast model inference and training on−board of Satellites
Vít Růžička‚ Gonzalo Mateo−García‚ Chris Bridges‚ Chris Brunskill‚ Cormac Purcell‚ Nicolas Longépé and Andrew Markham
In IGARSS Session: The Age of AI and Edge Computing in Space Has Come. 2023.
RaVÆn: unsupervised change detection of extreme events using ML on−board satellites
Vít Růžička‚ Anna Vaughan‚ Daniele De Martini‚ James Fulton‚ Valentina Salvatelli‚ Chris Bridges‚ Gonzalo Mateo−Garcia and Valentina Zantedeschi
In Scientific reports. Vol. 12. No. 1. Pages 16939. 2022.
Deep active learning in remote sensing for data efficient change detection
Vít Růžička‚ Stefano D'Aronco‚ Jan Dirk Wegner and Konrad Schindler
In ECML/PKDD Workshop on Machine Learning for Earth Observation‚ 2020. 2020.