My main research interest is in databases. I am a member of the Oxford database group. Current research projects:
- Factorised databases: FDB
- Probabilistic databases: SPROUT (query evaluation techniques), MayBMS (representation models, query languages), ENFrame (probabilistic programming), Pigora (probabilistic data integration)
- Datalog engines: With folks@LogicBlox on their meta-engine, with Oxford colleagues on RDFox.
Past projects to which I contributed as student/co-investigator/principal investigator:
- DIQOPT: Distributed Query Optimisation
- G-Store: A Storage Manager for Graph Data
- SKAR-DB: Managing Square-Kilometer-Array Data
- SPEX: Streamed and Progressive Evaluation of XPath
- Agora: Living with XML and Relational Data
New PhD and postdoc positions available in my group funded by a 5-year ERC consolidator grant! Please contact me if interested.
Special issue on "In-Database Analytics" in the Distributed and Parallel Databases journal.
|Since 07/16||Professor of Computer Science, University of Oxford|
|Since 08/13||Computer Scientist at LogicBlox (part-time consulting).|
|08/13 - 07/14||Visiting Associate Professor at University of California, Berkeley (On sabbatical leave from Oxford).|
|02/12||Received Oxford equivalent of North-American tenure.|
|09/07 - 07/16||Associate Professor (previously University Lecturer) with the Department of Computer Science at the University of Oxford, UK (formerly known as Computing Laboratory)|
|Additional roles at Oxford: Fellow and Director of IT, St Cross College|
|04/07 - 07/07||Temporary Professor (Lehrbeauftragter), Ruprecht Karl University in Heidelberg, Germany|
|04/05 - 08/07||Postdoctoral Researcher, Saarland University Information Systems Group (Prof. C. Koch) in Saarbruecken, Germany|
|09/06 - 12/06||Visiting Scientist, Cornell Database Group in Ithaca, NY state, USA|
|10/00 - 04/05||Research and Teaching Assistant (wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter), PhD student in the Programming and Modelling Languages Group (Prof. F. Bry), Institute for Informatics of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Germany|
|03/00 - 09/00||Intern Student, Caravel research group of INRIA Rocquencourt, France|
|08/95 - 08/00||Student in Computer Science (Dipl. Ing.), Polytechnic University of Bucharest, Romania|