A more up to date list of my (and my group's) recent invited talks can be found here, some with slides and videos.
From Joins to Aggregates and Optimization Problems: One
idea to rule
them all and at their core factorize them!
Trade-offs in Static and Dynamic Query Evaluation
- Dagstuhl Seminar 20071 "Foundations of Composite Event Recognition", February 2020. [slides]
Learning Models over Relational Data
- (To come) Keynote at Very Large Data Bases (VLDB), Tokyo, September 2020.
- Keynote at FG DB Symposium "ML for Systems and Systems for ML", TU Darmstadt, March 2020. [symposium link, slides]
- Invited Tutorial at International Conference on Scalable Uncertainty Management (SUM), Compiègne, December 2019.
- IC Colloquium: Learning Models over Relational Databases, EPFL, Lausanne, October 2019. [video]
- Dagstuhl Seminar "Logic and Learning", September 2019.
- Keynote at Int Conf on Database Theory (ICDT) and Extending Database Technology (EDBT), Lisbon, March 2019. [slides]
- Keynote at 34ème Conférence sur la Gestion de Données – Principes, Technologies et Applications (BDA), Bucharest, October 2018.
- Invited Talk in Special Session on Logic and Learning, Highlights of Logic, Games, and Automata. Berlin, September 2018.
Incremental Techniques for Large-Scale Dynamic Query Processing
- Tutorial (3h lectures, with Ahmet Kara, Stijn Vansummeren, Iman Elghandour) at CIKM 2018 Int Conf on Information and Knowledge Management, Turin, October 2018. [tutorial]
In-Database Linear Algebra
- RelationalAI Iceland Conference, Dalvik, July 2018.
- Fellow Short Talks Series, Alan Turing Institute, November 2017, London.
- A Unified Approach to Incremental View Maintenance of In-Database Analytics
- Tutorial at The National Archives, London, November 2017.
- Spring workshop on Mining and Learning 2018, Titisee, March 2018.
- Logic for Data Science Seminar Series, Alan Turing Institute, December 2017, London. slides, video]
- TorontoCon, RelationalAI, October 2017, Toronto (Canada). [ slides]
- Dagstuhl Workshop on Recent Trends in Knowledge Compilation, Sept 2017.
- Workshop on Big Graph Analysis Systems, U. Copenhagen, Aug 2017.
- DB and CDT in Data Science Seminar, U. Edinburgh, March 2017.
- CS Colloquium, U. Warwick, March 2017.
Taming Large Answers to Keyword Queries
- Keynote at KEYNOTE conference, Cluj, September 2016.
- Invited tutorial, Knowledge Representation (KR) conference, Cape Town, April 2016.
Yo Dawg, We Heard You Like Datalog Engines..
(so we put a datalog engine in your datalog engine so you can derive while you derive!)
- OAK seminar, INRIA Saclay, Paris, October 2014.
- Oxford Information Systems Seminar, Oxford, October 2014.
- Stanford CS 346 (as part of industry talk series), May 2014.
- LogicBlox compiler/runtime seminar, Berkeley (California), April 2014.
- Invited Speaker, NorCal DB Day, IBM Almaden Research, San Jose (California), April 2014.
Learning Regression Models over Factorised Joins
- SystemML and DB Seminar, IBM Almaden, Oct 2016.
A Dichotomy for Queries with Negation in Probabilistic
Databases [pdf, video]
- Uncertainty in Computation workshop, Simons Institute for the Theory of Computing, Berkeley, Oct 2016.
- Algorithms Seminar, Oxford CS, Nov 2015.
Cultural Learnings of Factorized Databases for Make Benefit Glorious Family of
- Data Science Seminar, LogicBlox, Oct 2015.
- Tech Seminar, Palantir, Palo Alto, Aug 2015.
- Tech Seminar, LogicBlox, Berkeley, Aug 2015.
- Database Seminar, Université Lille 1 and INRIA Lille - Nord Europe. July 2015, Lille.
Factorized Databases: A Knowledge Compilation Perspective
- Symposium on New Frontiers in Knowledge Compilation, June 6, 2015, Vienna.
Factorised Relational Databases
(on various content within the FDB project)
- Keynote at Alberto Mendelzon Workshop, May 6, 2015, Lima.
- LSDS (Large-Scale Distributed Systems) seminar, Imperial College London, November 2014.
- Google MapReduce Infrastructure Seminar, February 7, 2014, Mountain View (California).
- Pivotal Colloquium Series, January 24, 2014, Palo Alto (California).
- LogicBlox Internal Online Seminar, December 17, 2013, Berkeley (California).
- Google Ads Infrastructure Seminar, November 20, 2013, Mountain View (California).
- Database Seminar, UC Santa Cruz, November 18, 2013, Santa Cruz (California).
- Database Seminar, U Washington, November 8, 2013, Seattle (Washington).
- AmpLab Seminar, UC Berkeley, October 30, 2013, Berkeley (California).
- EECS Seminar, UC Merced, October 11, 2013, Merced (California).
- Birkbeck Computer Science Departmental Seminar, March 2012, London.
- Systems Seminar, EPFL, Feb 2012, Lausanne.
Beyond Query Evaluation in Probabilistic Databases
(on various aspects of the SPROUT, ENFrame, and Pigora projects)
- Invited Speaker, Scalable Uncertainty Management (SUM), Sept 2014 (upcoming).
Probabilistic Databases are Dead, Long Live Probabilistic Databases!
(on various aspects of the SPROUT, ENFrame, and Pigora projects)
- Invited Speaker, Big Uncertain Data Workshop at PODS, Snowbird, June 21, 2014.
- Knowledge World Research Seminar, Google, February 21, 2014, Mountain View (California).
Write-Optimized Data Structures
- LogicBlox BamaCon, Sehoy Plantation, June 18, 2014.
Readability of Query Provenance
- CS Colloquium, UC Davis, August 30, 2013, Davis (California).
Factorised Representations of Query Results
- Database Seminar, University of Edinburgh, March 2011, Edinburgh.
- Dagstuhl Seminar on "Foundations of Distributed Data Management", Oct 2011, Dagstuhl.
The Case of Relational Algebra Queries in Probabilistic Databases
- IC Colloquium, EPFL, January 2011, Lausanne.
A Look at Probabilistic Databases through
- Statistics Departmental Seminar, November 2010, Oxford.
Probabilistic XML via Markov Chains
- FOX annual meeting, April 2010, Amsterdam.
A Toolbox of Query Evaluation Techniques for Probabilistic
- Invited speaker at Management and mining Of UNcertain Data (MOUND), In conjunction with ICDE, March 2010, Long Beach.
- Invited speaker at Logic in Databases (LID), October 2009, Copenhagen.
Incomplete and Probabilistic Data Management [pdf]
- Tutorial at FOX training week, October 2009, Dortmund.
Scalable Query Processing in Probabilistic Databases with
- Database Group of Technical University of Vienna, September 2009, Vienna.
- Invited speaker at EPFL Summer Research Institute, June 2009, Lausanne.
- CS department of Technical University of Munich, March 2009, Munich.
- Database Group of University of Washington, January 2009, Seattle.
Using OBDDs for Efficient Query Evaluation on Probabilistic Databases
- Dagstuhl Seminar no. 08421: Uncertainty Management in Information Systems, October 2008, Dagstuhl.
MayBMS: A Database Management System for Uncertain and Probabilistic
- CS Department of University of Lugano, Feb 2008, Lugano.
10^10^6 Worlds and Beyond: Efficient Processing of Uncertain Data
- Database Group of University of Edinburgh, December 2007, Edinburgh.