Dr Ravishankar Borgaonkar
Next Generation Mobile Networks Security (5G), IMSI catchers, Privacy and Security aspects in 2G/3G/4G networks, Mobile Systems Security
Ongogin Research Projects & Papers
* A security architecture for 5G networks
* Cellular radio privacy challenges
* IoT security
* 'New Adventures in Spying 3G & 4G Users: Locate, Track, Monitor' at Blackhat USA, July 2017, Las Vegas, USA
* Invited talk on 'Flaws in 4G protocols' at GSMA DSG Meeting, July 2017, San Ramon, USA
* Invited talk on 'Flaws in 4G protocols' at GSMA FSAG Meeting, May 2017, Stockholm, Sweden
* Invited talk on 'New attacks in 4G technologies' at Troopers security conference, March 2017, Heidelberg, Germany
* Invited talk on '4G Security issues' at 31C0N conference, February 2017, Auckland, New Zealand
My research themes are related to mobile telecommunication and system security threats. This ranges from 2G/3G/4G network security to end-user device security.
White−Stingray: Evaluating IMSI Catchers Detection Applications
Ravishankar Borgaonkar‚ Shinjo Park‚ Altaf Shaik‚ Andrew Martin and Jean−Pierre Seifert
In 11th USENIX Workshop on Offensive Technologies (WOOT 17). 2017.
Mobile Subscriber WiFi Privacy
Piers O'hanlon‚ Ravishankar Borgaonkar and Lucca Hirshi
In IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy 2017 workshop on Mobile Security Technologies. 2017.
(Best Paper Award)
Analysis of trusted execution environment usage in Samsung KNOX
Ahmad Atamli−Reineh‚ Ravishankar Borgaonkar‚ Ranjbar A. Balisane‚ Giuseppe Petracca and Andrew Martin
In Proceedings of the 1st Workshop on System Software for Trusted Execution. 2016.